Was that touch really necessary, guys?是触摸确有必要,球员? Emphasis mine.重点矿。

Dear Mr. Jackson,亲爱的杰克逊先生,

The information we have on file for you tells us that at one time我们的资料档案,为您告诉我们,在同一时间
you intended to complete a University of Chicago application.你的意图完成了芝加哥大学的申请。
Usually students who are attracted to this college are people 通常学生,他们所吸引,这个学院的人
whose applications prove to be fun to read, and we feel sorry 申请被证明是乐趣看,我们感到抱歉
we never got to read yours. 我们从来没有得到读你的。

Now we are prepared to close your file and wish you well as you现在,我们正准备关闭你的档案,并衷心祝愿各位以及你们
choose to attend some other good place.可选择参加其他一些好地方。 If you indeed made a如果你确实作出了
decision to forego applying to Chicago this time around, think决定放弃申请到芝加哥,这一次,认为
of us when you apply to graduate school.我们当你申请研究生院。

If you are receiving this message despite having submitted an如果您收到此消息虽提交了一份
application via the mail (or thought you submitted your application申请通过电子邮件(或以为你提交你的申请
online) by the January 3rd deadline, please let us know by February在线)由1月3日截止,请让我们知道,在二月
6th, with some way of confirming that the application was indeed sent. 6日,与以某种方式确认该申请书确实是寄出。

Please reply directly to this email.请直接回复此邮件。

Again, accept our best wishes for your future plans.再次,接受我们最良好的祝愿你的未来计划。

The University of Chicago芝加哥大学
Office of College Admissions办公室高校招生

The rest of the message was fine, obviously.其余的信息是好的,很明显。 Little bit cheeky there, I don’t see why I should be made to feel so bad that I’m not applying to the有点厚颜无耻的存在,我不明白为什么我要作出感到如此恶劣 ,我不会运用到 University of Chicago 芝加哥大学 . My good friend Meredith Spoto ‘07 will be going there next year, though, so I guess I can’t stay too angry.我的好朋友伟迪斯波托07年将持续存在明年,虽然,所以,我猜,我不能停留太气愤。 I have lots of fondness for the place, they didn’t need to twist a dagger in my heart about my not applying, though.我有很多好地方,他们没有必要捻一把匕首在我心中对我的不申请,虽然。

This message reminds me of another question I always have: I wish there were a better way to notify schools of a noninterest.此消息使我想起了另外一个问题我一直有:首先,我想有更好的方式来通知学校的一个非利息。 Unless it is no expense or trouble to them to maintain files like this, I expect they would appreciate it too… maybe some sort of ‘common app kill switch’ which would inform them all that you no longer were considering their school.除非它是没有任何费用或麻烦,他们要保持档案喜欢这个,我预期他们将会非常感激太…也许某种'共同的亚洲浆纸杀开关' ,其中将通知他们的一切,你也不再考虑他们的学校。 Was there such a general purpose notification to solve Early Decision confusions?有这样一个通用的通知,以解决早日作出决定的困惑? I guess this is a pipe-dream for the future of 100% digital admissions.我猜想这是一个管梦想,为未来的百分之一百数码招生。 Oh well…哦,好…

Zuckerberg transcript is done, adding commentary.扎克伯格全文完成后,加入评论。