Was that touch really necessary, guys?是觸摸確有必要,傢伙? Emphasis mine.重點煤礦。

Dear Mr. Jackson,親愛的Jackson先生,

The information we have on file for you tells us that at one time我們的資料檔案上為您告訴我們,在同一時間
you intended to complete a University of Chicago application.您打算完成芝加哥大學的應用。
Usually students who are attracted to this college are people 通常學生誰是吸引到這個學院的人
whose applications prove to be fun to read, and we feel sorry 其申請的證明是有趣的閱讀,我們感到很遺憾
we never got to read yours. 我們從來沒有得到讀你的。

Now we are prepared to close your file and wish you well as you現在我們正準備關閉您的檔案,並祝愿您以及您
choose to attend some other good place.選擇參加一些其他的好地方。 If you indeed made a如果您確實作出了
decision to forego applying to Chicago this time around, think決定放棄申請到芝加哥,這一次,認為
of us when you apply to graduate school.我們當您適用於研究生院。

If you are receiving this message despite having submitted an如果您收到這個訊息雖提交了一份
application via the mail (or thought you submitted your application申請通過郵寄的方式(或以為你提交您的申請
online) by the January 3rd deadline, please let us know by February在線)由1月3日的截止日期,請讓我們知道二月
6th, with some way of confirming that the application was indeed sent.第六,與一些方法,確認應用確實是發送。

Please reply directly to this email.請直接回复此電子郵件。

Again, accept our best wishes for your future plans.再次,接受我們最良好的祝愿您的未來計劃。

The University of Chicago芝加哥大學
Office of College Admissions辦公室的大學招生

The rest of the message was fine, obviously.其餘的訊息是罰款,顯然。 Little bit cheeky there, I don’t see why I should be made to feel so bad that I’m not applying to the有點cheeky有,我不明白為什麼我要作出感覺不好 ,我沒有申請到 University of Chicago 芝加哥大學 . My good friend Meredith Spoto ‘07 will be going there next year, though, so I guess I can’t stay too angry.我的好朋友梅雷迪斯斯波托'07將去那裡明年,雖然,所以我猜我不能逗留太憤怒。 I have lots of fondness for the place, they didn’t need to twist a dagger in my heart about my not applying, though.我有很多的偏愛的地方,他們沒有需要扭一匕首在我心中對我不適用,雖然。

This message reminds me of another question I always have: I wish there were a better way to notify schools of a noninterest.此消息使我想起了另外一個問題我一直有:我想有更好的辦法,通知學校一個非利息。 Unless it is no expense or trouble to them to maintain files like this, I expect they would appreciate it too… maybe some sort of ‘common app kill switch’ which would inform them all that you no longer were considering their school.除非它是沒有任何費用或麻煩,他們要保持檔案喜歡這個,我預期他們將不勝感激太…也許某種形式的'共同的亞洲漿紙殺開關'會告知他們所有您不再被考慮他們的學校。 Was there such a general purpose notification to solve Early Decision confusions?有這樣一個通用的通知,以解決早日作出決定的混亂呢? I guess this is a pipe-dream for the future of 100% digital admissions.我猜想,這是一個管的夢想,為未來的100 %數字招生。 Oh well…哦,以及…

Zuckerberg transcript is done, adding commentary.扎克伯格全文是這樣做,加入評論。